Story Submission Rules/Guidelines
We have very basic submission rules:
For all of our sakes - make sure you read through them at least one time before submitting your fanfiction works.
1. Your story needs to be a Ruouni Kenshin/Samurai X story or a Rurouni Kenshin/Samuari X crossover.
2. Please check your grammar and spelling. If it is not acceptable we will not approve your story. What is acceptable? Fewer than one mistake per hundred words, and absolutely no net-speak, ever. If you're not sure whether you're making mistakes or what your mistakes are, we recommend looking for a competent beta reader. This includes your title and summary.
3. No Hentai. (X-Rated)
4. No Yaoi/Slash (gay) or Yuri/Femslash (lesbian) relationships.
5. Don't submit anything that has excessive cussing.
6. Submit your story in the proper format and category. For details, view the Help page.
7. No plagiarism. This includes copying someone else's fanfiction story and trying to claim it as your own. You also can't type in a book you liked or edit someone else's fanfic and call it your own. If you borrow ideas or characters from existing books or movies, make sure proper credit is given within the author's note inside the fic.
8. Make sure that ALL submissions are in .txt format, or copied and pasted into the text box in the submission page. The system will ONLY accept .txt or copied and pasted text stories.
9. All of the Rurouni Kenshin character names must be spelled correctly. There's no excuse in fanfiction to get them wrong.
10. All chapters of a story need to have at the bare minimum around 800 words. Stories submitted to the Short Stories category need only have around a 500 word minimum. Poetry, Songfics, Contests and Challenges category submissions are all exempt of a minimum word requirement. We will absolutely not tolerate one or two sentence chapters or stories! If you are not sure how long your story is, you can check the word count by using Microsoft Word. Under the Tools menu is an option that says Word Count when you select that option, the program will tell you the number of words in your document. If your chapter or story is shorter than around 800 words and you feel you warrant exception, please email the Kenshin-gumi and we'll deliberate over it.
11. A fic that has been rejected may be resubmitted once the appropriate changes have been made. Resubmitting a fic without significant changes is a waste of your time and ours, and we reserve the right to be irritated.
12. By submitting your stories to the archives it is possible we will choose to feature some and/or all of your works in future archive podcasts. If you wish to opt out of the podcast you may do so at anytime for a particular story and/or completely by sending an email to Bunny@Meijitales.com. Bunny will make sure you aren't podcasted if you do not wish to be.
If you have further questions, please see the Help page or email the Kenshin-gumi.